Hotel de Wageningsche Berg is located on top of the mountain in a perfect setting for relaxation and / or team building sessions. It is practically on the edge of the Hoge Veluwe, at the Utrechtse Heuvelrug and next to the Botanical gardens.
In the woods are many hiking and cycling posibilities. Mountain bikers will find beautiful, challenging tours. Just a step away from the hotel you will find the golf course of Heelsum and Ede. There are two great zoos: Ouwehand Zoo and Burgers' Zoo. Wageningen has a lot to offer besides shops, a cozy cinema and a fine theater. The area is unique and has great historical significance. In the famous Hotel de Wereld people can visit the capitulation hall and there are several museums in Wageningen (including the museum Casteels Poort) and surroundings. For example there is a military field in Rhenen and the Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek shows you the Battle of the Grebbeberg. Also the Airborne Museum Hartenstein is recommended.
* Botanical garden, next to the hotel. Very suitable for wedding pictures. www.belmontearboretum.nl.
* Cinema Het Heerenstraat Theater is a theatre in the centre of Wageningen with a lot of good movies. www.heerenstraattheater.nl
* Nearby zoo: Ouwehands Dierenpark (www.ouwehands.nl) in Rhenen and Burgers’ Zoo (www.burgerszoo.nl) in Arnhem.
* To Bicycle: Several bicycle routes are available at VVV Wageningen and the reception. Bicycle rent at the reception. More information can be found at www.gilde-wageningen.nl.
* Golf possibilities: www.golfclubdeheelsumse.nl & www.edesegolf.nl.
* Museums voor historical Wageningen: Museum the Casteelsepoort www.casteelsepoort.nl.
* Battle at the Grebbeberg and the military fields in Rhenen, also attainable by bike. www.grebbeberg.nl.
* Wine culture and wine history: te be admired at the Wine museum in Arnhem. www.wijnmuseum.nl
* Modern sculptures: www.hetdepot.nl.
* The Dutch 'Openlucht' museum: A national museum about the culture and the habits of Dutch residents. www.openluchtmuseum.nl
* The Kröller-Müller Museum: Contains a world famous collection of 19th and 20th century art. Check out the collection of Vincent van Gogh and the sculpture garden. www.kmm.nl
* Airborne Museum ‘Hartenstein’ is a museum, that shows you the Battle of Arnhem in september 1944. www.airbornemuseum.nl
* Products from mother nature: Visit the bee exhibition en the bee garden of Bee House Wageningen.
* De Sculpture garden: A paradise on a mound nearby the Rhine. A lovely place to rest and to walk along the water. In the garden you wil find sculptures of many artists. www.aanderijn2.nl
* Theater Junushoff: is located in the centre of Wageningen, where you can visit many performances and musicals. www.junushoff.nl
* Swimming pool: The Bongerd offers you a 25 meter pool, a recreation pool, a outside pool and a childern's pool. You can also use the Wellness Garden and the sunbeds. www.zwembaddebongerd.nl
The shopping center of Wageningen is easily accessible by car or by bike. In addition to the shopping center every Wednesday morning and on Saturday, you will find a large market on the Market of Wageningen, where also many cozy cafes are located. On Friday you can enjoy a late night shopping untill 9 p.m. The big shopping mall of Arnhem is located at a greater distance, but can be reached within half an hour by car and public transport. On Thursday night you can enjoy late night shopping in Arnhem untill 9 p.m.
Nation Park Hoge Veluwe, is a varied nature with many unusual landscapes and some special museums. It is know for its many special walking and cycling routes. www.hogeveluwe.nl
The Blaauwe Kamer is a wetland nature reserve on the banks of the Neder Rijn. Accesible from sunrise to sunset. www.utrechtslandschap.nl